Sunday, October 12, 2008

What to do on a rainy day?

Get up and run! I got in a good hour run today right from the house down to the Boulder Creek Path, up canyon until the creek path ended and then back again.

After that Cynthia and Megan came over and we headed up to Carey's Open Studio. Her art is very earthy, she works with clay and metal and wood and fiber and makes the most amazing pieces...if I had more money I would have spent it all.

Dan and I don't have much but art but that's just because most of our disposable income is spent on toys.

Here's the piece that I bought...and if I sell my CX bike I'm going to buy more. Cynthia went crazy and bought 6 square wall hanging pieces, good thing she just sold her Seven frame!





I think it goes rather nicely next to my Lumberjack 100 trophy...I lack so much in culture it's sad...


Check out more of Carey's stuff here.

-Kim

1 comment:

Carey said...

Sweet! I love your lumberjack 100 trophy with the little standing scuplture! Mix it up!
I could see a variety of those standing pieces in various sizes on your mantel..(: