Monday, October 6, 2008

Aw....aren't they cute




Dan had the day off today and had planned on going to a couple places to look at some dirt bikes, one being out it Loveland. I asked him about it when I got home and he said they were all pretty beat and that he didn't buy anything yet. He really really wanted me to look at my bike in the light since I only saw it in the dark last night so I followed him out to the trailer. When he opened the trailer....I saw the bike that he lied about not getting :) OMG! His bike is an '06, it's only been ridden 6 times and it still has the new tire tab thingys on it! He got a smokin' deal...he got a smokin' deal on both our bikes...he basically paid under $4000 for 2 dirt bikes! Can't beat that!

So, he started mine up and went thru the basics with me and told me to get on a take it for a spin in the backyard. I was scared and didn't really want to but after watching him ride it a few laps....I wanted on! So, I got on put it in first and gave it too much gas, it lunged me forward faster than I expected and instead of pulling in the clutch....I gave it gas and tried to stop the bike with my feet:0 and I almost crashed into the garage! Whoopsey! After a few more times, I was able to get it into first and move forward without taking anything else out and I was able to make numerous laps around the yard....only in first since our yard really isn't all that big.

So the plan for the weekend is to take the bikes up to Ned so I can ride it on some long straight roads.

Best thing about both bikes is they came with their ORV stickers that don't expire until 2009! So if I start to get the hang of it we can duck into some trails!

Let the fun begin!! I can't wait to get back on it!!!

-Kim

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice bikes!

- T

www.MostEmailedNews.com

Unknown said...

hee-hee...i'm sure you catch on to using the throttle and clutch quicky. have fun! :)

EDimaguila said...

LOL, Kim, my wife did the same thing on my daughters Honda CRF50... but she ended up crashing it into the fench. I made her get back on it and try again. Reluctently she did and was fine after that. Have fun.

I'm picking up a 450f real soon!

Kim said...

I was just surprised at how much power the thing had and was in a moment of utter confusion! Hopefully this weekend we'll ride up around Ned on some dirt roads and I'll get the hang of it more....and maybe use the rear brake :0

Carey said...

You two will have some much fun and you get to buy a cool pair of moto boots too.