Saturday, October 18, 2008

First day on the moto's


Today Tracy, Jason, Dan and myself FINALLY got to ride our new moto's and headed up to Caribou.

After some short instruction in the parking lot, we hit jeep roads. Now, I thought we'd just be riding up and down a dirt road but we actually rode jeep trails with rocks, roots, water crossing, descents and uphills! And we handled it no problem at all. We had our "oh shit" moments and we had our OMG we made it moments...it was the most fun I had in a long time.





We even got dirt and mud on the bikes ;)


We were resting before the final trek back, eating some bars and out of the blue, Dan said he was really really impressed with the way we were both riding, he was absolutely amazed that we picked it up so quickly. That was probably the best thing I could have heard and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. After our break and getting all cocky, I crashed into a tree :0


We finished up our ride and headed out to this place for some food and beers....and brought home a growler of their tasty IPA.


I'm sore and I can barely walk but we're headed back out again tomorrow...if I can walk in the morning I'm going to try and get a run in beforehand.

Almost forgot, when we were almost to the parking lot, Tracy saw 2 moose heading into the woods! We saw them just hanging out in the woods as were were riding by! Pretty darn cool....

More pics here


-Kim

3 comments:

Unknown said...

glad you guys had fun! I knew it would be no problem for you to get the hang of motos - esp since both of you have killer mtn bike skillz. :)

Kim said...

It was scary though!

carrie said...

you guys are bad ass!!!