Sunday, October 19, 2008

2nd Day on the moto's - Middle St Vrain


Okay, I could BARELY walk this morning my quads hurt so bad but I decided to head out for a quick run while Dan nursed his migrane, I'm glad I did because it loosened my legs up quite a bit. Dan was still hurting when I got home but decided to get up and move around to see if it made him feel better...good thing he did because we had to go to McGuckin's to see if they had a bolt that would fit my kick start, which I lost yesterday out on the trail somewhere. It was kinda funny because the bolt that we needed had a fine thread on it and the stuff out on the floor at McGuckin's just wasn't small enough, the lady told us to wait a minute while she checked a drawer in back and amazingly they had the bolt we needed....guess she had to look in their "junk drawer" to find it :) McGuckin's is amazing!

Anyway, Tracy & Jason met us at our house and we headed up. We got our gear on and headed out to the trail, which consisted of a rock garden at the beginning that we had to get thru...great! After a mellow twisty section we were hit with HUGE water crossings, huge rocks, small loose rocks, log crossings, snow and more water crossings! I had a minor melt down after I crashed off into the woods and I thought the trail was a little over my head but Tracy said that Jason told her to keep it in 1st and grip the bike with her legs while standing up. I agreed to go on further and took their advice...it totally worked! I was able to control the bike way better in 1st and gripping the bike with my legs while I was standing allowed me to control the bike better! Oh man, what a great feeling!

We got to the end of the road and rested a little bit, turned around and went back down. I was a little nervous because of the rock sections and huge water crossings at the end but it really wasn't all that bad and I found that on the descent, keeping the bike in 2nd gave me the speed Ineeded to get through the rocks a little better.

Me going thru a small water crossing on the descent


Dan going thru the big, deep water crossing at the end


Tracy going thru the same huge water crossing at the end


Jason making his was thru the same water crossing


Another amazing day on the dirt bikes! I'm super sore and I can barely walk but I can not wait to get back out there! Too bad we have VeloSwap to go to on Saturday and Dan has to work on Sunday :( Maybe I can get Tracy & Jason to go back out with me on Sunday ;)

More pics here



-Kim

1 comment:

Carey said...

Looks like you're picking things up really quick, way to go.