Sunday, October 5, 2008

Solo ride at Betasso

Dan had to work on Sunday so I decided to do a solo ride from our house out to Betasso after he left.


I put on my lucky socks, which I thought I had lost but found when when we were moving the dryer in our old place. Hurray!!! These are my lucky socks because I wore them during my first and only 100 mile race that I won....on my singlespeed....beating all the geared girls at 8 hrs 53 mins....this being my only claim to fame.

Anyway, I put on my lucky socks and headed out to Betasso. Man, I could tell I hadn't been on the XC bike in a couple weeks....once I started climbing the connector trail, I couldn't hold my bike in a straight line if you offered me a million dollars to do it. I only wanted to do one lap once I got up to Betasso because I wanted to walk the dog and I had a lot of running around to do. All in all, it took me 1hr and 15min from house to trail and back home again...which is pretty good seeing as this will become my quickie ride when I don't have time to go anywhere else.


My bike was very happy to be on dirt...


After I got home I walked Patch up to Mt. Sanitas and let him run around with the other doggies before I locked him in the house to run errands.

-Kim

1 comment:

Carey said...

Glad you got out for ride. I lived next to Betasso for 4 years before we moved to our house and it was my local, quickie ride and I loved it!