Sunday, October 5, 2008

Looking for dirt bikes

Saturday Dan spent the morning unpacking all his clothes boxes and I scrubbed all the grime and dirt off the walls of our new place, thank god our place is small!

Fortunately we were both done around noon so we decided to go look at a dirt bike for sale for me, the bike was an '03 and it was a little worked but super cheap at $900...Dan was only going to offer the girl $750 for is since it was so beat, but that's a perfect for me because I'm sure I'll be laying it down and crashing into tree's in the beginning and I don't want to spend the money on a brand new spanking bike.

After that we headed over to Colorado Powersports to poke around because there was a leftover '07 inventory bike that Dan had his eye on. We sat down with a sales guy and figured out what his payments would be on the thing....very very doable in our opinion. Dan wasn't ready to commit yet because we were going to look at a used bike later in the evening. Unfortunately the used bike turned out to be in worse shape than the bike for me so Dan passed on it...I think he'll be back at Co Powersports on Tuesday to sign the deal :) Getting a new bike for Dan isn't a big deal since he grew up on dirt bikes and knows how to ride it....getting a new bike for me would be silly.

He's going to look at a '06 bike for me tonight that's only been ridden a few times and is also really cheap at $900...fingers crossed he comes home with it! I guess the guy that owns it only rode the bike around the track chasing his kids around when they were just learning and now he doesn't need to do that anymore so the bike is useless to him.

-Kim

No comments: