Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Testing Sobriety


I'm giving up drinking! I've been feeling icky lately just by drinking one beer and Tequila and wine make me angry if I drink too much so I've decided to not drink, well actually not buy alcohol or liquor for the house. I'll have a glass of wine or something when I go out but I'm not going to sit on the couch and drink anymore.

My first test was last night, Tracy had a dinner party for the Girls Tuesday Night Mtn Bike and I brought some water and drank that all night, wasn't even tempted to drink! I'm very proud of myself.

I'm also changing my diet a little and trying to eat more fruits & veggies and trying to cut out processed foods. I've noticed lately that what I put into my body really effects me the next day.

-Kim

5 comments:

Itty Bitty Betty said...

Good for you! What you put in your body has a huge impact on how you feel and how your body operates in the short and long term. Cutting out processed foods and adding more fruits and veggies is an especially good step. I'm sure you'll have more energy.

Carey said...

Hey, I gave up drinking a couple of years ago, once in awhile I'll get a marg or a glass of wine if I go out. I've never been a big drinker but it was just making me feel not so good when I would drink and I don't need that. So now it's a treat on occasion. I changed my diet big time awhile back and it's helped a lot with overall well being. The fact that I discovered I had a gluten and diary allergy helped me feel better too, but I do miss a good pizza once in awhile.
If you need any suggestions let me know, I've been around the block with diet changes. One thing I would suggest adding to anyone's diet, especially women is golden flaxseed, ground and put in just about anything, it's sooo good for you.

Kim said...

Thanks Jen & Carey, I know you both take really good care of yourselves. I'll take all the suggestions you can give me! Although I don't want to go over the top with it...I'm just trying to eat a more "natural" diet.

Carey said...

Working for Wild Oats Markets for 10 years also made me really conscious of my food choices, eating organic when possible, etc..
But you also have treat yourself to what you crave once and awhile.
Even if that's a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich. (<:

Unknown said...

oh man! I didn't even notice that you weren't drinking. Glad you are trying to figure out what works for you.

I didn't drink at all for a 10 year period - saves a surprisingly large amount of money too.