Sunday, September 28, 2008

Endurocross



Saturday night we headed off to Denver with Tracy & Jason to watch an Endurocross event.

As soon as we got there, Tracy made a bee line for the bike she liked!

And she made Jason hold all her stuff :)


The lights started getting dark and the announcers came out so we decided to head to our seats and settle in. OMG! This was my first time at one of these events and I was giddy like a schoolgirl! The first couple events were the Open Class and it was really really hard to see everything, there was carnage everywhere! The stuff these people were riding was TOUGH! I can't imagine how tired they would be after just one lap and to top it off by doing what they were doing in front of soooo many people, my hat's off to them!

After the Open Class came the Expert Classes and the Trials Riders and the riding got noticibly better. Although getting thru a lap clean was still a hard feat to make happen just because the obstacles were so tough and exhausting. After all the heats and the Last Chance Heat came the Dash for Cash Heat and the winner took home a bunch of cash, $500 bucks I thing. One of the trials riders actually won the Dash For Cash event and got a place in the Main Event! Unfortunately, he had to ride a regular bike and not a trials bike but he still did it and had to line up immediately after the Dash For Cash event...pretty hardcore it you ask me!

There were only 2 women in the Open Class, one I don't remember seeing race but the other girl struggled with the huge obstacles but she didn't finish last :)

Here's one of the girls making her way thru the loose log pile section


I loved the trials riders....I think I'd like to have one of those bikes to play with. They're lighter and more agile and they seem like they could make their way up some pretty steep rocks and have an easier time getting through tough technical sections, only problem is you're standing up while riding the entire time :(

Today I thought we were totally going to go look at dirt bikes to buy but other things came up and we ended up buying some grown up living room furniture instead! While dirt bikes are more fun, our new furniture looks so purdy and we got an amazingly good deal on everything!

More pics here, they kinda suck....it was so dirty and dusty in there my camera kept picking up all the dust. And there was sooooooo much going on I had to whip out my camera really fast and most of them turned out blurry because of it....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :)


-Kim

No comments: