Sunday, September 28, 2008

Look mom, we bought some grown up furniture!

Sunday was the day that Dan was going to clean out the cellar so we were could unpack the trailer and I was going to scrub the walls so I'd stop looking at them and staying "gross" but first we had some errands to run and some storage stuff to buy.

On one of our stops we picked up some stuff we needed to get and I went off to look at the furniture to see if I could find a nice wood storage cabinet to put in our living room to hide all of Dan's clutter :) I noticed a nice comfy sofa and oversized chair and decided to see how comfy it actually was....OMG....it was sooooo comfy. I promptly went over and got Dan to try it out and he was equally impressed by it. I could not believe the deal we were going to get on the sofa, oversized chair, coffee table and matching end table...we couldn't pass it up!

So we spent the rest of Sunday afternoon making room for our new grown up stuff! I would have really like to have had a chance to scrub the place down but just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get rid of our craiglist college furniture.




Okay, hopefully next week we'll actually get back on the bikes. I unpacked the boxes that had all the lights and charges so hopefully we'll be able to take advantage to Dan new schedule of getting out at 6pm. Some night rides are already planned!

-Kim

4 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on the new couch. your post looks like one i did in April 2007...

heh - guess a girl has got to have priorites and ours have been bikes not furniture. ;)

http://brginredsidis.blogspot.com/2007/04/looks-like-adult-lives-here-now.html

Kim said...

We never ever think about furniture but we saw it and it worked and we were like, we've gotta do it now or we're never going to....

Carey said...

Very nice, it looks great!
My next piece of furniture is either a King size bed or a new couch.
Keep me posted on your night rides!

Kim said...

Carey, Dan and I are thinking of doing a night ride on Weds out to Marshall. I can charge a set of lights for you if needed....