Saturday, September 13, 2008

A day spent with the boy

Dan had to work today (boo!) but he'll be spending Mon & Tues in Salida riding with the UBikes crew. The shop is hosting a ride out there for any of their employee's that want to go....how cool is that!

We had dinner at The Med last night with Jen & Jesper, Cynthia & Dave and Carey & Craig and despite having some wine and eating way too much I got up early with Dan and had the itch to go run after he left. Good thing I did because I felt awesome! So awesome that I went further than I usually go and did some hill running....early/mid morning runs are the best! I can't wait to be able to run before work without having to get up at 5am in order to make it to work on time.

I decided to take Patch on a long hike up in Ned today, mainly because I didn't feel like cleaning the house or packing and I really haven't taken Patch on any hikes this year other than walks around the house and I've been feeling a little guilty lately, so off we went.

It's so beautiful up here


Patch says this is going to be so cool!


Patch loves this trail!


Um, why are we just standing here?


I'm not a hardcore hiker, 3 hrs is about the max I can walk for before getting completely bored and Patch is lazy and can't walk for more than an hour before he starts whining. So, after about an hour of climbing up the trail...he started whining.

This is Patch not wanting to go any further but down


OMG! Are we done yet? I'm soooo tired....


Thank you mom!


Patch is now sprawled out on the floor completely out of it. My work is done!

Hopefully I didn't overdo it on my run today, Carey & Craig are taking us on a ride out in Pinewood tomorrow! Should be awesome :)

-Kim

No comments: