Saturday, September 6, 2008

Exploring South Mag



We decided early this morning to not get up early to head out to Sol Vista, instead we slept in....until some guy started calling Dan at 7am and continued to call every half hour until Dan got up and called him back :( Apparently this guy really really wanted a set of Jeep wheels that Dan posted up on Craigslist, no biggee since it put $100 in his pocket and got some stuff out of our garage before the move.

Fortunately, it got us up early enough to hang out and have breakfast and decide where we wanted to ride. I knew Carey was planning a ride up in Ned and Tracy was also planning on riding somewhere so I shot them both emails. Dan and I had tentatively decided on Golden Gate, but after getting a call from Carey she convinced us to ride with her. Funny thing is I got a call from Tracy right after hanging up with Carey and she said they had changed their plans from riding DBB to riding Golden Gate! Aw geez.....

After the guy left with the wheels, we hopped in the car and headed to Boulder and up Canyon, along the way we picked up a follower. When we pulled up in the parking area, a car pulled in just as we did and out got Bryan and Zana, Bryan planning a ride up there and Zana was taking their little girl on a hike. Pretty funny! He asked if he could join us and we of course said no :)



We all headed out on some awesome singletrack for a perfect 60 degree day on our bikes. We eventually ended up on a part of the West Mag trail system that I recognized but we quickly ducked into some pretty obscure singletrack on stuff I've never ridden before. I don't think I'd be able to find my way around there again if you paid me but isn't that the beauty of it!



Eventually, Bryan split off from us to head down to meet up with Zana and the rest of us started making our way back to the cars. After about 3 1/2 hrs of riding and a sweet descent of twisty turny singletrack, we finally made it back to the cars and treated ourselves to some tasty Michigan beers!



Good times! I think Carey and Craig are going to take us on another tour next weekend. After this week, I'll go anywhere with the 2 of them! Thanks for an awesome afternoon guys!

Not too many pics were taken but double click on the album to see them all.


-Kim

4 comments:

Carey said...

Good Times!
I'm standing in the back from now on though in any group photo.
C

Kim said...

I know, you were way out in front of us all and that only emphasized how tall you are :)

debaser said...

I sear i'm not stalking Dan, but he's just so dreamy...

Thanks for letting me crash the party. Great ride, and fun to meet some new folks too.

Kim said...

You did whip out your camera to take a pic of him when the sunlight was oh so perfectly lighting up his face.....I think you may have a man crush :)

It's always a pleasure riding with you Bryan! Hope you made it back in time and enjoyed your beer!