Saturday, August 2, 2008

Friday Scorcher

I think it was 104 on Friday, could have been hotter. When we went to the store the car temp gauge said it was 122 on the hot asphalt :0 That's insane!

We wanted to hit up Crankworx today to see the Slopestyle event so we woke up a little early to get a ride in before heading up. We opted for Walker since it's close and we hadn't been there together yet. Much to my surprise, I left my camera at home...darn it, so no pictures. We got to the trailhead at around 10:30 and it was already in the 90's but luckily it was pretty windy. Dan cleared a tricky rock section on the climb up if you go counter-clockwise. I've never cleared it and I don't think I could muscle my way up it after watching him...but he was stocked he finally did it. I wasn't feeling so hot after our pizza dinner the night before, for some reason it just didn't agree with me. I was a little unsure if I would be able to keep my food down or if I'd even have the energy to ride but once we got started, I felt good...a little lazy but good. And I think all the sweating I did helped work out the yuckiness I was feeling.

After our ride, we headed home to unload and pick up the dog to make our way up to Winter Park. We were all looking forward to going up and seeing some huge tricks and we were looking forward to the cooler temps. Unfortunately, as soon as we got on the on ramp we saw the traffic...bumper to bumper on 70 :( People were actually backing their way down the on ramp but we decided to see if it would lighten up a little further up, but it didn't and we couldn't see the end to it. We decided to get off at the next exit and head somewhere else to get the dog out.

Up to Golden Gate we headed but halfway up we started complaining about the $5 we would have to pay to let the dog run around for 30 minutes....it was still hot up there and he wouldn't last long. Then we realized that we hadn't dropped off our rent check and their office would be closed all weekend...ggggrrrr! Another attempt at fun failed! So we made a u-turn and headed home....dropped the rent check off and came home to cleaned up. After that, we didn't want to be in the car anymore so we decided to stay home and relax.

A couple hours later, Dan actually decided to shave his legs for the first time ever....I think it was the heat and boredom but he was all for it! After about an 1hour of fighting with all his leg hair he now has nice smooth sexy legs :) I never noticed how nicely defined his legs are...mmmmmmm yummy......and I never thought I'd like a guy with smooth shaved legs but I do! I couldn't stop touching them the rest of the night ;)

-Kim

2 comments:

Tracy said...

its been 24 hours has dan received his boulder issue man-clogs? is he oddly drawn to vics parking lot now? and would he rather talk about riding then actually ride? damn boulder leg-shavers! -jason ;)

Kim said...

Hey...shaved legs look good :) And yes he does have his boulder man-clogs but he prefers his slippers instead :) And he still prefers dirt over pavement....at least I hope he still does :0

-Kim