Saturday, August 2, 2008

West Mag - Solo Ride


Dan had to work on Saturday (and he has to work tomorrow) so I decided to go up to West Mag for a solo ride in the cooler temps. It's been a long time since I rode by myself and I didn't know what to think of it. But as soon as I got started I was enjoying myself on the twisty singletrack, exploring trails I've never been on before. My goal was to ride some familar stuff and then just go on trails to see where they went. It was nice, I doubled back a few times but then got distracted a bunch and put together a nice 2.5 hr ride.

Twisty trails


I found some stuff to play on


Thunder started rumbling and the sky was getting a little darker so I started heading back to the trailhead. I got back, got the bike on the car, got cleaned up and was just getting in the car when the skies opened up and it started raining....haven't seen rain in a while so I just sat there a listened to it.

Then I noticed the temp gauge and I didn't want to leave :)


This is the temp when I pulled up in our driveway, almost 10 degree's cooler than yesterday :)


Tomorrow I'm up bright and early to meet at Cynthia's house for a ride up Searle Pass in Copper.

-Kim

3 comments:

June said...

Hey Kim,

It was great seeing you on Saturday, sorry I didn't chat much the heat was killing me...I'm a wimp what can I say. Anyway, glad to hear you had a great ride and missed the rain! Nice pics too.

June

Kim said...

Ahhhh...June!

Hope your ride went well, did you beat the rain? I was on my way back to my car when I saw you guys then I noticed the trail going off in the other direction where the log thingy was and decided to see where it went :)

-Kim

June said...

We did, the rain started as we were headed down the canyon on the way back to town. Funny you say that about that trail, I saw you go up that way and I'd never even noticed that before...how was it? From the pics, it looked good.