Friday, August 15, 2008

Wishing for better weather



This is the forcast for Keystone this weekend :(

Aug 15 Showers
Rain and snow showers likely. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, with a high near 61. East wind 6 to 9 mph becoming south. Chance of precipitation is 60%. 58 to 62 35 to 39

Saturday
Aug 16 Showers
Rain and snow showers likely, becoming all rain after 11am. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, with a high near 64. South southeast wind between 10 and 13 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 70%. 60 to 65 35 to 39

Sunday
Aug 17 Showers
Rain and snow showers likely before 11am, then a chance of rain showers. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Calm wind becoming north northeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

We had a string of really dry conditions up there in June & July then bam....the afternoon showers started happening and the lift closures for the new gondola, it's kinda been a bad season for DH....good thing our XC has been pretty epic.

Maybe we'll go shopping for a new couch this weekend!

-Kim

5 comments:

Carey said...

I know, August is making up for June and July. Sunday's looking pretty iffy as well, but I looked at the 10 day forecast and next Saturday looks splendid! I know, I know, it's too far off to really know but a gurl can't help but hope..

Kim said...

Let's keep our fingers crossed for good weather next week!

Tracy said...

no kidding... what a crappy b-day weekend! good thing i celebrate b-day months! my fingers and toes are crossed for good weather next weekend!

Unknown said...

I'm taking off work next Thursday to go Keystone with my xc weight weenie friend, Alex. I've been telling him how much fun DHing is - so he agreed to try it. heh!

But dave and i are in for next Saturday too!

I hope the forecast for next week holds.

see you girls tonight!

Kim said...

I'm kinda looking forward to a crappy rainy weekend...I've got lots of movies to catch up on :)

But my fingers are crossed for next Saturday! Dan just told me he's only got 1 day of Keystone....we were up there every weekend last year!

-Kim