Thursday, July 31, 2008

No lift assisted riding for us


Bummer, Keystone is shut down basically until 8/8 for the new gondola installation. I was looking forward to riding out there on Saturday with Cynthia to work on her bridges and stuff.

I guess the next time we'll be on the DH bike is in a couple weeks when we all get out to Angel Fire to ride some BIG rocks and hit the South Boundary trail....can't wait for that weekend!

Oh well, guess we'll have to pedal this weekend. Maybe even get the singlespeeds out. Unfortunately Dan has to work all weekend but I'm hoping to drag Cynthia out with me at least one day.

And Dan and I may have a HUGE reason to celebrate...no mom we're not getting married (yet) and I'm not pregnant :)

Oh and I proved my point this morning about Wednesday's being the day to get out and ride your bike early in the morning. There were only a couple people out riding on my commute to work today. Pleasant....no bike jams!

Today's my Friday!!! YIPPEE!!! I took tomorrow off so Dan and I can enjoy a nice long ride somewhere....and I can enjoy a nice stiff margarita tonight.

-Kim

2 comments:

Phil said...

Check out Vail - the riding there isn't as developed - but it's soooo much fun. There's some great trails there.
I'm planning on heading up this weekend - if you head out there, drop me a line! (I usually end up riding by myself)

Kim said...

Yeah, I need to check out Vail sometime. I heard the trails are really steep with sharp switchbacks.

-Kim