Thursday, August 28, 2008

Why are Thursday's so great?


Because I can have a cocktail after work :)

I don't drink during the week because it makes it really really really really hard for me to wake up in the morning but since I drive in on Friday's I can sleep in and have a drink after work. Kinda funny because back in Michigan, I drank every night. I would drive to work, ride a trail after work for about 2 hrs, go to the restaurant/bar with everyone and drink, get home about 2, sleep for a few hours and repeat. My diet consisted of coffee, peanut butter (had to get my protein somewhere), Diet Coke, Sour Patch Kids and beer....I was skinny but not very healthy.

When we move to Boulder my commute will be all on bike paths and only take 15 minutes, it will be harder to refrain from the cocktails after work, especially since we'll be within walking distance to all the bars and restaurants. Gotta get my cruiser up and running so we'll be able to cruise everywhere :)

I'm meeting with our new landlord to sign the rental agreement and nail down a move in date tomorrow. We're hoping for Sept 20th so we can have some time to get the old place cleaned up. I'm also hoping to convince her to rip up the carpet in the kitchen (of all places....gross!) and put in something else. Who puts carpet in the kitchen?!

My friend Tracy is off to Whistler today! Have fun Tracy & Jason!!! I can't wait to see all their pictures. Dan and I are planning a trip out there next August and I'm just dying to see what all the hype is all about!

Dan and I are going to Keystone on Saturday to get some DH in before they close for the season. Unfortunately he has to work on Monday :( but we'll get a nice ride in on Sunday after we sleep in. And maybe I'll ride down to U Bikes on Monday and meet him for his ride home, or maybe I'll just be lazy!

Cheers, Kim

5 comments:

Carey said...

Damn, the marg looks good.
Good luck with the new house stuff, you're going to love living so close to everything and the foothills. Have you ever hiked Mt. Sanitas, it's a good one with some excellent bouldering along the trail if you're into that.
Have fun at KS and a good weekend.
We're thinking of doing Monarch Crest later in Sept. if the weather holds, I'll keep you posted if you're interested.
Have a good one!
C

Unknown said...

Hey guys,

I'm psyched for you guys getting the place in Boulder. What a great location. Maybe I'll have some beer ready for your house warming.

Cynthia and I will see you in Keystone on Sat. Hopefully, we'll get to ride with you more this weekend.

Dave

Kim said...

Carey, we have hiked Mt Sanitas before and I'm super excited that it's an off leash dog area! Patch is going to love it! I don't think we'll be planning and weekend adventures in Sept but in October we for sure want to get out to Fruita/GJ or even Moab...so let's plan something :)

Dave, we'll see you guys at Keystone tomorrow...parking in the same place. and you better have some beer ready for our party or you can't come :)

-Kim

Carey said...

Have fun at KS tomorrow and yes, lets try something for Oct. We're hoping to do Hazard County in mid-Oct.
Talk with you soon
C

Kim said...

mid october would be perfect! I love riding that time of year :)

-Kim