Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Feeling a little homesick


Ahhhh....the campfire on a nice Michigan summer night.

I don't know if it's the bday thing and being away from my family but I'm really really missing home lately. I miss the twisty singletrack, I miss riding my singlespeed, I miss my friends and I miss my family. We ususally are home this time of year riding and drinking and just hanging out by the lake but for some reason we postponed our trip home for Christmas.

I know we have it good out here in Colorado, the trails are epic, the weather is killer but I still miss Michigan...I try to think about the traffic and the humid weather and the lack of jobs there right now but I want to be home.

I miss driving to Canada to hit Blue Mountain or Bromont....I miss the North Country Trail.....I miss Poto....one thing I don't miss is poison ivy which I used to get every single summer, maybe I should just think about poison ivy and that will make me not want to be home.

One of my favorite pics of my friend Adam


I miss the parties....the crazy crazy parties.....


-Kim

6 comments:

Carey said...

Hey Kim,
How long have you been in Colorado and where in Michigan are you from?
My husband Craig is from Michigan originally. He was born outside Detroit in Trenton. He still has a brother in the UP and a sister somewhere in there.
I've been in CO for 15 years but I remember when I first got here I missed home so much, but with time I can't imagine anywhere else being home.
We have a ride planned tonight if you want some company..
C

brg said...

sorry you are feeling homesick - but I am glad you are here! :)

human being said...

Happy belated birthday!

EDimaguila said...

yeah, we miss you guys over here too. It was cool when you guys came back here last summer and hung out for a few days and rode with us. I miss having to spot Dan at the gym on our late night workout sessions. I miss racoon hunting with dan in my backyard. what i miss the most is not having Dan wrench on my bike anymore! dammit, come back home you guys! lol

Itty Bitty Betty said...

Kim, even if you went back, I don't think it would be the same. Some of those things you miss are things you did THEN in your life. I miss the partying I did in Ohio too, but I KNOW that I wouldn't be partying like that even if I moved back. Partying just isn't the same to me as it was when I was young. My priorities have changed. I don't think you can't go back and recreate a phase of your life.

I miss my family too, but I know that I'd be unhappy back in Ohio. Now if I could only get then to move here!

Kim said...

Believe me, it's not the partying that I miss...I'm in a way better place now. Life just seemed easier there, maybe just because it's been my home for so many years and I know it so well.

One day, we'll move back and find ourselves in a house on a lake watching the evil swans....swans are mean birds you know.....I hate them.

But, meeting all you of you has really made me happy and I'm glad to have friends and riding buddies :)

-Kim