Friday, August 22, 2008

Someone Please Pinch Me!

Ever since we found out that Dan would be working at University Bikes in Boulder we had our hearts set on finding a place to rent in Boulder instead of way out in Lafayette where we currently are. We know we can't afford to buy in Boulder so we decided to NOT continue our search to buy a house where we could afford it.

It's been tough and we've come to the realization the finding what we want, a 2 bedroom house with a fenced yard and a garage that it pet friendly is hard. These places are few and far between in our price range and go quickly when they come up. I look diligently at Craigslist, I check it about every 1/2 hour for new listings and I subscribed to the Daily Camera's email alert for rentals in Boulder.

We both got frustrated and finally decided last night that Dan's commute in wasn't all that bad and I've been dealing with it this long, so what's wrong with just staying put. Fine....we both decided.

When I got to work this morning there was an email alert from the Daily Camera about a new house listing that had EVERYTHING we were looking for and it was in our price range. I immediately called and apologized when the woman answered when I realized how early it was...she didn't care at all, I told her I was just so excited I didn't even check to see what time it was. She told me where it was and we set up an appointment to see it at noon. After doing a mapquest on it, I realized it was literally just blocks away from UBikes and called Dan to see if he could sneak out for a few to go see if with me....he said for this, no problem.

So...things could not have gone more perfectly! She didn't want students renting it so she was more than pleased that we're both working folks. She was even more pleased that we didn't mind that it was an older house with "character" and not the most pleasant looking inside. It has a huge bedroom, a smaller bedroom, a bathroom...no tub but I can deal, a huge garage for storage and an even bigger backyard. It's at the base of the foothills and we have absolutely stunning views from the backyard....there's even a fire pit :)

She actually asked us how she could get us to rent the place!!!! Turns out that her tenant isn't out until mid September and she wants to fix some things after he's gone and wouldn't be able to rent it out until Oct....well, that was just perfect for us since our lease isn't up until the end of September! Please pinch me!!! She even said we could install a doggie door in the back door since Patch loves his so much.

So....we got the place!!!! I can't believe the luck and I can't believe how perfect it worked out and how perfect this place is for us. Dan is literally blocks away from UBikes, probably like a 2 minute bike ride and I'm about 15 minutes away from work and I can take the Boulder Creek Path all the way there!!! We can walk to downtown for dinner and we won't be far away from our friends anymore....I couldn't be happier.

I'm still in disbelief!

I need some champagne....TGIF!!!!! WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

-Kim

1 comment:

Itty Bitty Betty said...

I am super happy for you guys and excited that you will be that much closer! Can't wait for the house warming party!!!