Sunday, May 4, 2008

Uncle Dan & Aunt Kim


We watched Dan's brothers dogs this weekend, kinda payback for last weekend and next weekend, so we didn't do much riding...well no riding except Dan riding into work on Sunday.

Haley, the old greyhound, is the tan one on the bed and Petey is the chocolate one...I think he's a Wire Haired Pointing Griffon.


Things went well considering Petey is a menace, his name should be Dennis. He's an awesome dog but man he's wild. I took them all to the dog park off of Baseline on Sunday and none of the fences could contain him. He got through every single one. I was amazed an mortified all at the same time. Luckily no park rangers were there or else I would have gotten a HUGE fine. Good thing Patch and Petey get along, Patch keeps Petey entertained when they're left alone....but once Petey gets outside Patch is forgotten.

This week we're getting ready for 4 days in Fruita! We're headed out on Thursday and we're staying thru Monday. Cool thing is that Cynthia will be out there as well, only Friday thru Saturday but we at least get to ride with her! I can't wait to ride Zippety Do Dah and More Fun...my 2 favs out there and we're going to hit up some Grand Junction trails as well. Hopefully my shoulder will feel better, also one of the reasons I didn't ride this weekend...my neck has been so stiff, enough that I can't move my neck without moving my whole entire body. Sucks.

And I've decided to NOT get the HiFi 29er...after riding in Moab I realized that I wanted a bigger travel bike. I absolutely love my 5.5 and I love the way it rides, I just want more travel. I realized that my riding leans more towards the freeride side of things, I love drops and rocks and technical sections but I don't care if I can't climb a long steep climb...I'm not afraid to push but I get really angry when I can't clear a technical descent or rock section. So the Intense 6.6 it is. Dan's Intense rep is dropping off a small 6.6 on Monday and I'll hopefully be able to bring it out to Fruita this weekend....fingers crossed.

-Kim

No comments: