Friday, May 16, 2008

Pearl Jam - Alive


This song still kicks ass! I'm not a huge Pearl Jam fan anymore but I was back in the day. Eddie Vedder was mesmerizing with that voice and all that hair and I was in love with the guitarist Stone Gossard, I just absolutely loved the way he pulled his hair back and how he looked groovin' and playin' onstage....mmmmmmm.



I remember seeing them for the first time when I was around 21 or 22 at St. Andrew's Hall in Detroit. It was a super hot Michigan summer evening, the place was at capacity and then some, the walls were sweating, Eddie was climbing up speakers to get to the second balcony level where we were rockin' out....we actually helped try and pull him up but the bouncers grabbed him to pull him back down to stage.

What an awesome memory!

I learned later from Dan that he was actually at that show! It's funny how many times our paths crossed in the past at races and such. It's a wonder that we didn't meet earlier in life, maybe if we did we wouldn't have connected so well, maybe we would have and my life would be completely different right now.....

-Kim

No comments: