Sunday, May 25, 2008

Death March Part 2

Cynthia had her own ideas of what a death march should be today, she took Sasha, Dan and myself on a 4 1/2 hr ride out at Indian Creek. Dan and I have ridden out there but just an out and back on the Colorado Trail and never on the Indian Creek Loop...we were in for a sweet surprise. The climbs in the beginning were pretty steep and I'm not too proud to admit that I had to push a few, that's the trade off of riding a 30lb bike...Dan of course didn't have any problems.

After the steep climbing we were treated to awesome single track descents with a few spots to session on and one long twisty descent in the tree's towards the end. I loved Cynthia's comment when we stopped in the middle of the descent, "don't stop, this is an awesome downhill!" Point taken!

Afterwards we headed out to the Rio for some margarita's and agave martini's and awesome Mexican food. I can't think of anything better than riding with friends until you can't pedal anymore and great Mexican food!

Sasha climbing


Cynthia handling some rocks


Our first sessions section with some tricky rocks




Dan boostin'


Cynthia rollin' with Sasha right behind


Skinny crossing


Our 2nd session section, the step up is a lot steeper than it looks, it took me about 5 tries to get the whole section. The step up is followed by a steep rocky climb.


Dan making the step up look easy


What you had to negotiate after the step up


The last techy descent




I took the same line as Sasha and Cynthia took at first but Cynthia promptly told me that there was a steeper line....so I tried it


I wonder if this guy lost the fight?


-Kim

No comments: