Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday Roadie Ride

Even though we had 60 degree weather yesterday, the winds from the storm moving in from California forced us to stay off our bikes and onto the trails for an 1hr run instead. We had chilly weather today but no winds so we decided to take the SS bikes out today. I was a little nervous about taking the SS out with all the climbs we were going to do but I'm happy to say I loved it! It wasn't a struggle at all and I'm looking forward to using that as my daily commuter! We got a 2hr ride in and were really glad to be back since our fingers and toes were starting to get a little frozen.

Here's a look at the foothills from our front window as the storm clouds started to break up




This is Dan's bike...it made me squint in the sun it's so bright white


This is my bike which Dan gave me for Xmas. I'm thinking about putting a bullhorn bar on it but I'll give the flat bar a whirl for a week and see how I like it. Even though it's a road frame it feels like a really fast mountain bike with the flat bar.

No comments: