Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bike Path Rant

Why do runners and people walking dogs HAVE to walk on the wrong side of the path? Don't they see signs posted everywhere to STAY TO YOUR RIGHT? Is that such a hard thing to do?

I remember the first day in dog training class they teach you to walk your dog on your right side....not your left side! This is so the dog AND you can stay to the right and there will usually be a patch of grass for your doggie to walk on! Why is this such a foreign concept? I walk Patch on my right side and I stay on the right side of the trail, not hard at all.

I run on the right side of the path also...there's no oncoming car traffic to worry about so why is it so hard to run on the right side? Is the left side just that much better?

Next time I come around a blind corner under a bridge and someone is right there walking their dog on the wrong side of the trail....I'm not going to budge when that person and their dog freak out when I nearly hit them because of their carelessness! I guess I'll just have to stop and educate them on how to use a bike path properly.

Get with it people!

Okay...I feel a little better now.

-Kim

No comments: