Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bear Gulch, Loveland



We headed up to Loveland to do some wheelin' this afternoon. I thought we'd get to the trailhead, go 30ft and get stuck but luckily they hadn't had any new snow in a while so we actually got a full days in. Most of the road was hard packed snow or ice covered, making a usually simple road down right treacherous in some areas. I had my 2 instances of complete terror trying to get up a steep section of road, not making it and sliding backwards with my foot on the brake to the floor and still in 3rd. It's hard to listen to people screaming at you to straighten out the wheels and put it into reverse when all you can do is look out the back window and the canyon you're speeding out of control towards. I tried that section twice with the same outcome.....I could barely get out of the Jeep my knee's were knocking so hard. I had to sit on a rock and watch Dan make it up. The road was amazing in sections, deep in the woods with tons of bermed turns and rollers that made you feel like you were on some pretty sweet singletrack. Like I said, not a difficult road during the summer, rough in spots but with all the ice there were a few challenging spots.


It was just pretty cool to get out with the jeeps and some friends.








No comments: