Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ok...enough!

After almost a month off of commuting, I think I'm rested enough to start up again. Before I decided to take a brief hiatus, I was having trouble recovering from weekday rides. My legs would hurt all week (I mean hurt to the touch and just completely fatigued) and I could not get enough sleep, commuting in was taking a toll on my pleasure riding and that can't happen during the summer! I decided to change my work schedule to come in later so I could sleep in a little longer and I'm going to have to get some good recovery drink for rides during the week.

But after filling up to Volvo today and it costing $60....how can I not ride in? Our gas bill went from $180 on average to about $450 with both of us driving in! That's absolutely ridiculous! We're not struggling to make ends meet and could get by just fine with both of us driving in because our drives to work aren't that far.....it's the principal of paying that much for gas! I just can't justify it.

I knew this week we'd both have to continue to drive in with the whole dog sitting gig but starting Monday....I'm back in the saddle again :) Maybe it's time to see a nutritionist to help me with my eating or lack there of eating. I just can't seem to eat enough to sustain all the stuff I do, you'd think I'd be like 90lbs or something.

Maybe I'll even look into riding the bus when I'm tired and don't want to drive but I think the last time I looked at the route I could take, it would take over 1 hour to get to work and that's silly when it takes me about 40-45 min to ride in and 20-25minutes to drive in. Kinda makes me miss living in Chicago, not having a car and taking the train in when I didn't feel like riding.


-Kim

No comments: