Saturday, July 26, 2008

South St Vrain 7/26/08


The usual suspect came out to play

All I have to say is this trail is HARD! Tough, tough technical rocky climbs everywhere with short, intense bursts of speed to get up and over the rocks. I was hurting! We didn't get as far as we wanted to because of some thunder and rain clouds but I was satisfied with our climb up and ready to start our way down.

A short lull in the intense action


Dan got sick of standing around for the girls to catch up so he decided to grab himself a chair


Nothing but rocks from here on out






Some bridges






More rocks




This section is super gnarly, steep with huge rocks. The entire section doesn't start here, it starts way before this and there is nothing, absolutely nothing easy about it.


Dan cleaned it






And much to my surprise...I cleaned it too! I went out ahead of everyone before hitting the entire section to get some pics, I had no idea if I'd be able to ride it but I just held on and let it roll and I did it!!







Jason giving it a go


Tracy handling a steep section


Cynthia nailing a techy section






It was an awesome day with great friends, tough climbing, awesome descending and a little blood.


I'm sore and tired and since it was almost 100 when we got back into Boulder, I took a nice not too hot bubble bath and Dan took a nap :)

More pics here

Tracy pics are here

-Kim

No comments: