Monday, July 28, 2008

Life gets in the way

We decided to sleep in on Sunday and do a late evening ride when it cooled off since it was supposed to be almost 100 again. The house was a mess and hadn't been cleaned in over a month, same goes for the dog and we needed to go grocery shopping. We woke up and weren't even hungry for breakfast because it was already 80 outside, I tried logging into my email but for some reason my password didn't work and I eventually got locked out because I tried it too many times. I searched Hotmail for a phone number to call but to my surprise there's no number to call, everything has to be done online....so started the emails back and forth to their tech support. I'm still locked out today and now I have to prove I own the account :( Oh well, not that big of a deal. So I'm sorry if I haven't answered any emails...I'm working on it.

After we cleaned the house and washed to the dog and went grocery shopping, it was so darn hot that we both took naps. I lied in bed thinking about Jen and her dog Mushka that passed away last week and I couldn't imagine losing Patch and how hard it would be, eventually I fell asleep but I woke up sad. I think it was about 4pm when we finally rolled out of bed again and decided that we'd feel alot better if we headed up to West Mag for a lazy ride in the cooler temps. Fine with me!

I went downstairs to put some clothes in the dryer but for some reason the dryer wouldn't work. I told Dan and he pulled the thing apart and figured out what was wrong, he said that he could fix it but the same thing would keep happening. In the meantime, I searched the web to see how cheap we could get a brand spanking new dryer for....$279 from Home Depot. I then searched Craigslist and found an older one for $25 that was less than a mile away from where we live. It wasn't a hard decision to make so we hopped in the truck to get the used one.

After getting the dryer, cleaning it up and moving the old one, we decided we didn't really want to go ride anymore and that sitting on the couch and having a drink and a nice big salad and watching a movie sounded much more fun.

Sometimes not doing anything is okay, right?

-Kim

2 comments:

Carey said...

Hey Kim,
Sounds like you had a nice, low key day on Sunday and that is totally ok and needed sometimes.
We went up to South Mag. and were riding by 10:30AM, it was a lot of fun and we made it up to the Nordic trails, a long ride.
Your North Sourdough ride looked good. I know that one down hill back to the boy scout camp road is super techy but fun it's always a feeling of accomplshment to ride it clean.
Have you ever ridden the trail on the other side of the creek in Peaceful valley? Ride up the 4WD road and then down the trail, it's a solid tech. ride too..
Anyway..I'll try emailing you, hope to meet up with you soon for a ride. Have a good day.
Carey

Kim said...

We should have gotten up early and rode with you before the heat induced laziness set in. Have a great time in Crested Butte and hopefully we can hook up for a ride when you get back!

-Kim