Monday, June 30, 2008

Dog days of summer



We're watching Dan's brothers 2 dogs this whole week, we actually got them last Thursday and will have them until Sunday. Needless to say, we didn't do any riding this weekend. It was actually good for me in a way, I got a ton of stuff done around the house that I've been neglecting and I was able to clean up our "office" and hook up our new printer.

I've gotten a lot of running miles in already since Petey is an awesome running partner. Dan & I ran with him for an hour on Saturday and I ran with him for an hour on Sunday and woke up early today to run him before going to work.

Here's a great shot of Petey after hiking in the winter


Here's Petey & Patch before the hike started


We did have a doggie playdate/bbq on Saturday with Tracy & Jason and their dog Penny, she's such a cutie! And after about 45 minutes she warmed up to Patch & Petey and they all played nice. Unfotunately, we had to lock Hailey in another room because she'd growl and snap at Penny if Penny got too close to her....guess the old bitch isn't very tolerant of puppies.

Here's a pic of Penny I got off of Tracy's picture site. Unfortunately the camera didn't come out at all that evening.


It's going to be a week of non-riding for me but I'll be getting up early everyday to run Petey. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze a couple of lunch road rides in on Tues and Thurs since we're alternating days of going home for lunch to let Hailey out. We do have some long rides planned for the weekend, we're thinking the dogs will be okay being left alone by that time and we'll be able to finally escape on the bikes!

-Kim

No comments: