Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day 2008

We started the day with a chilly ride out at Hall. I was riding a Safire demo which I've been dying to ride since Tuesday. I quickly found out that the bike's rear wheel loves to be on the ground, mainly because of the brain shock. It was pretty amazing! I also noticed how small the cockpit was compared to the 6.6, this helped with turning and tight switchbacks and just steering in general. I was able to ride through nasty rock gardens in my granny and still steer and not get bounced around the rocks like I've been experiencing on the 6.6. I haven't been able to use my granny gear in technical rock sections because the front end became so unstable mainly because the rear end was bouncing around so much! And climbing on the Safire was a breeze compared to the 30lb 6.6!

I cleaned everything except for the rock face....but I wasn't really trying. I was so impressed with the way the bike steered and kept it's rear tire on the ground! I even had better lines on the descent through the rock garden on this bike....granted it's not as plush as the 6.6 but I had way more control on the Safire.

After the ride, we cleaned up and headed over the Dan's brothers house for some turkey dinner. MMMMMM MMMMMMM good! And we didn't stuff ourselves into food coma like we usually do :)



-Kim

No comments: