Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Surprise!


Dan told me he had a surprise for us when I got home last night and that I would enjoy...I was hoping for food or wine or a new windshield on the truck (which we need!)

I walked in the door and saw a new bike in the corner of the room, thought it was Dan's new fixie but he said no....and I got mad. I don't need anymore bikes, I'm trying to get rid of the bikes I don't ride anymore and I just got rid of my CX bike that I NEVER rode. He said it'll be a good winter commuter because we can put tires with tread on it, I said I could just ride my mountain bike to work on snowy days or my singlespeed for that matter....the bike paths are cleared before the roads. I love my Bianchi flat bar commuter, it's comfortable and ugly and I don't have to care about it. I HATE people spending money on me and surprising me with things like that, I don't deserve any of it....give me a bottle of wine or a cookie or a cute pair of socks and I'm the happiest girl in the world!

But as it sat there in the corner staring at me...I wanted to ride it, the color is so cool! So we put my pedals on it this morning and I rode it to work......and I love it! I was so excited to ride it this morning that I walked out the door without my helmet :(

It's a Redline 925 CX singlespeed commuter...maybe eventually we'll turn it into a fixie but for now I'll be switching over to this bike for my daily commute to work. The rack & panniers will fit nicely on it and the full wrap fenders will keep my behind clean and my teeth free of grit. I'm going to swap out the bull horn bars and put a flat bar on it and put some hardcased tires on it but that's probably it.

I'm sorry I got mad for the nice surprise. Next time, just pick me up a cheap bottle of wine ;)

-Kim

5 comments:

Carey said...

Well,I suppose you do deserve nice suprises Kim and that's a good one and it's not even Christmas yet..
You sold your CX bike, that's great, now you can get the socks you've been dying for.
BTW, I have a nice bottle of wine that I've been waiting forever to give to ya as a housewarming gift, hopefully I'll see you soon enough and can give it to ya in person.

Kim said...

ooooohhhh....wine! we'll just have to get together for dinner soon, I'm thinking that new Indian place you were talking about in Boulder :)

Unknown said...

surprises and compliments - you have a hard time with those, eh?

btw - you are one badass on the bike and fun to hang out with. oh and i tell all my friends that haven't met you how good-looking you are!

;)

human being said...

That's so sweet, have fun with the new ride! Oh, and I agree with everything Cynthia said.

:p

Kim said...

aw...you're all sweet...my face is red :)