Friday, November 14, 2008

1st Snowy Commute

Today we got a dusting of snow in the am, nothing that stuck to the roads but it did stick to the grass and dirt and WOOD BRIDGES.

I have 4 wood bridges that I have to cross on the bike path, there's one that super short but on a turn and that usually gets me sliding when it's wet or slick. This morning all the bridges were covered in a layer of snow and on the first one I was sliding totally sideways down it...almost got my bars caught up in the side rails. That'll get your heart pumping!

I've been riding the old commuter in, only until Dan puts a flat bar (instead of the bull horns) and some hardcased treaded tires on the new commuter. I have slicks on the old commuter so that's part of the sliding problem...hopefully with the new treaded tires I won't be slipin' and slidin' my way across the bridges anymore....that is until it gets really cold and they're icy. Luckily the city plows the paths before they plow the streets...weird but they do!

TGIF!

-Kim

No comments: