Thursday, April 3, 2008

Something to look forward to

We've decided to head out to Moab with our friends Chuck & Niina at the end of April. I was sad and jealous looking at all the pics of RimRide and the pics of all the people that went out there the last weekend of March. Dan's shop had it's grand opening that weekend so we were stuck home. But alas, we're going! And I'm soooo excited to have something to look forward to!

And, it's time to start commuting again. I'm going to buy a rack and some panniers to get my gear off my back, make sure the commuter is good to go and hop on the saddle again. Weird how sometimes you just need a break from things and when it's time to start again, you know it.

Gawd, I can't wait for Moab and then a couple weeks later we'll be in Fruita for a 4 day weekend. And then.....we're going to Whistler at the end of August! I'm so excited and glad that we decided to go. It'll be fun. A bunch of CO folks are going as well as a bunch of Michiganders....actually I think all the people going are all Michiganders, just some of us are transplants.

-Kim

2 comments:

Mark Roberg said...

Hey! It's been almost a year since our Moab trip (April 15th). I still look at all of the pics and can't believe how awesome it was!

I hope you get to finish SLickrock this time. I have never stopped feeling bad that I kept ou from finishing it last time around. :(

Anyway, have a great time in Fruita. My trip to Fruita is on hold for now, as you know, but I plan on making it out there within the next few years. Take some good pics for me, and keep your eyes open for which trails would be good for me when I eventually do make it out there.
...besides zippity doo da. I already know I'm doing that one!
-The Markenator

Kim said...

There's actually a new trail in Moab that we may hit...The Dots trail I think it is. Don't feel bad about Slickrock, remember the weather was looking bad and it was good we turned back because it started raining.

Hopefully I'll have a new camera by the time Moab comes around so my pictures will be better.

Zippity doo da is one of the best trails in Fruita, More Fun is also a good one but way more techincal with lots o' rocks and lots o' climbing.

-Kim