Saturday, April 26, 2008

Slickrock

We headed up to the Slickrock trail from town today, man was it crowded. We had just gotten off the practice loop when I followed the boys off this small 3' drop but for some stupid reason, I decided to roll it instead of dropping it. Well, it wasn't rollable and I landed on my head and left shoulder and took the nose of my seat hard in my hamstring. I had the worse charley horse and it just didn't get any better. I tried to ride it out but it keep getting tighter and the spasms were so bad my leg was shaking out of control. I swallowed my pride and decided to head back to the hotel. Big bummer. I was so pissed....

A beer, some Aleve and a nice long sit in the jacuzzi, the charley horse worked itself out and I was able to walk on it without is hurting.

After lunch we got on the bikes again and rode up to the Moab Rim trail but didn't get very far. It was straight up rocks and I just wasn't into climbing straight up.

Oh well, at least I was able to pedal again.

Tomorrow we're going to head up to either Amasa Back or the Sovereign trail before heading home.

-Kim

No comments: