Sunday, April 13, 2008

Early Sunday Rise


Dan had to work at noon today (Sunday) so we set the alarm for 7am, got up at 7:15am and were out the door stuffing our faces with breakfast at 8am, still not knowing where we were going. We didn't have time to ride Dakota Ridge, etc in Golden and Dan didn't want to ride Heil so Hall it was. There were only a handful of cars in the parking lot and the majority of the people on the trail were runners. I don't think my body knew what I wanted it to do since my climbing sucked big time. I was light headed and I couldn't concentrate to save my life....I blamed it on my bike and the strong margarita I made for myself the night before. When I finally got to the bench and we headed out to the upper loop, I started to feel better, I wasn't having anymore issues with being light headed and the bike was flowing pretty well. We rode the loop clockwise because we like the climbs in that direction better and once we got to the backside and started the awesome flowey, twisty descent back to the bench....the bike mojo was grooving again. The descent through the rock garden was super fun and I didn't have any issues whatsoever. A couple of the sections that usually make me sweat a little harder didn't faze me at all. I love it when things just click...I think this summer is going to be an awesome riding summer. We're planning on riding more XC this year but still getting on the DH bikes every weekend. Last year the majority of the summer was spent on the DH bikes and my XC suffered big time.



Got home and made some awesome breakfast burritos with eggs, cheese and the some leftover jalapeno turkey burgers that we grilled last night. Dan had to rush off to work and I had to kill a little time before my massage appointment....now I'm super sore.

Unfortunately, Sunday was the only day we were able to get on the bikes. We were shopping for a new audio system for the Volvo and a new camera for me and by the time we got home we didn't feel like driving anywhere to ride so we got the running shoes out and ran for about an hour. Grilled some burgers and chilled out.

The next couple days are supposed to be in the 70's and I'm super stoked to ride in!

-Kim

No comments: