Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Maybe it's time for a change



So I'm thinking about getting a 29er....the Gary Fisher HiFi 29er, 4" of travel plus the benefit of the 29" wheels. I was thinking about getting an Intense 6.6 since I love my 5.5 so much but since Dan's been riding his 29er....the Superfly



He can't stop raving about it and his 6.6 has been collecting dust in the basement.

We were riding this past weekend out in Loveland and there's a lot of ledges and step ups scattered along the trail, while I was struggling to get up and over most of the step ups (and having to alot of "do overs") he was cruising over them, no problem at all. Everytime I yelled out "how'd you do that so easily", his response simply was "bigger wheels". He is so impressed with the way his 29er rides and how easy it is to get over big rocks and ledges and step ups, he's convinced me to give it a try. Not only does it handle getting up and over rocks effortlessly, it handles the descents like a full on full suspension bike. I'm thinking the HiFi will be the most amazing bike with the travel it has and the 29" wheels.

And people coming in his shop are buying up 29ers like crazy. Guess all the rave isn't just hype....there's really something to these things.

When they have a demo in my size, I'll take it out and see if the heavens part and angels start singing.

-Kim

2 comments:

paula said...

I've been thinking of going with a 29er myself. If you give one a try, let me know what you think.

Kim said...

I will. I'm really excited about trying it but we're having issues finding a demo for me to try.....