Sunday, January 11, 2009

Zoom Zoom!



That's all I can say about the 29er! It's so fast and I can't believe how fast this bike accelerates! Absolutely amazing! What's weird is I test rode a Hi-Fi 29er over the summer and hated the way it rode, it was so bouncy I couldn't hold onto the bars. We didn't play with the suspension all too much so that could have been a factor. The Salsa is so smooth and I think the carbon seatstays help a ton. I just wish it had a Fox fork instead of the Reba fork...not that big of a fan of the Reba's.

I'll have to get used to the hardtail factor and train myself to get waaaaay back on the saddle on tricky descents but being able to go fast again is so much fun! Yippee!

I was even able to drop Dan :) But he promptly dropped me on the descent.

This is how how he felt when he finally caught up to me....


Unfortunately, after the ride I got a nasty tummy ache and was couch bound the rest of the evening :( Must have been the cosmo's from the night before...my stomach doesn't like cointreau and it always seems to rot the day after.

No comments: