Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fires in Boulder


Photo credit: Mark Leffingwell
Fire engulfs a house near Foothills Parkway and Nebo Road north of Boulder, Colorado January 07, 2009. CAMERA/Mark Leffingwell




Photo Credit: Paul Aiken
A home in the path of Wednesday's grass fire burns north of the city of Boulder. Photo by Paul Aiken


The first story here

Pretty scary stuff! I got a text from Dan around 3pm yesterday asking if I'd heard about the fires just 3 miles north of our house and I hadn't. One of my co-workers busted out of the office an hour earlier, I had no clue at the time why. He lives up Lee Hill Road and his family was being evacuated! Fortunately, his house is fine and they were able to finally go home late this afternoon.

Luckily, Carey and Craig and their doggies and house are safe as well.

I rode home last night and could smell the fire in the air but couldn't see anything. You could hear and see all the helicopters flying above the fire from our house. This morning on Patch's walk, it smelled like one big campfire.

Luckily, most people have been able to go back home.

I can't imagine what the summer is going to be like if we're already having fires in January.

-Kim

No comments: