Monday, June 23, 2008

Grand Junction 6/21 - 6/22


From the left: Joe "The Rookie", me, Cynthia, Jesper, Jen, Tracy, Dan & Chuck

The eight of us made plans for a quickie weekend in GJ, things worked out so well that Jen & Jesper were able to start their week long vacation riding with us. Despite temps being close to 100 degree's, the riding was epic. We spent the weekend cheering each other on, helping each other through tough sections, talking and laughing hysterically. The Rookie even learned some new skills!

I'm not a great story teller so I'll let my pics do the talking, I'm sure Cynthia, Jen & Jesper will have great stories to tell of the weekend.

































The next 3 pics of Jen tell a great story. I rode down a few seconds before Jen so I could set up to take some pictures. When Jen started riding the rock, I could tell she was a little confused on where to go. You're basically riding a rock ridge and straight ahead is about a 3' drop and to your left is a step rock roller. I could tell she was having trouble finding her line so I shouted to her to "ride the ridge, look to your left and roll down the rock face on your left.




She did it and was ecstatic! I think this pic is my favorite of the whole weekend. We all felt this way at some point or other and fortunately I was able to get a pic that expressed it!


Here's Cynthia on the same section but on the ridge part


The next pics were taken by Tracy









I think every single one of us gained more confidence on this ride. We all rode stuff that scared us or intimidated us but we all did so because we encouraged eachother and that's so inspiring! I can still hear everyone whoopin' & hollerin' coming down Kurt's Lane after all the girls made every single one of the switchbacks!

Tons and tons of more pics here. Some of the sequence shots are a little out of order, kind of a bummer, I didn't use the same uploader and it just didn't upload as well.

Tracy's pics are here

-Kim

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice photos, guys.

Looks like you all had a blast... I know Cynthia did. She's still raving about it. She loves riding with you guys.

Dave L.

Kim said...

She'd love it more if you came with :)

-Kim