Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday Night Date Night Ride

No one else could ride with us tonight, Cynthia was resting after killin' it in short track yesterday and is doing a 42 mile ride of Friday, Tracy had a meeting to go to and Jen & Jesper are on vacation so we decided to have an impromptu date night ride by ourselves.

We didn't want to go far so I picked Dan up at his shop and we headed out to ride Betasso. We parked at the Justice Center @ 6th and Canyon so we could ride up the Boulder Creek Path to hit the connector trail on our way up to Betasso. I absolutely HATE the beginning of this climb! You're anerobic immediately, it's so steep, rocky and loose....even walking up it makes me want to pass out and puke but after that it's all good :) And the descent down is way too fun to pass up.

This is what I usually end up seeing of Dan when we ride.





But I like this side as well :)



On a slightly odd note, we came around a corner and saw this deer off to the side of the trail. We thought she was just chilling but she didn't move at all, then we noticed she was squatting, then we realized she was peeing. I had no idea that deer squatted to pee like a dog. Learned something new today I guess!

-Kim

Thank god tomorrow's Friday!

2 comments:

carrie said...

I wanna go on a date ride!!!!

Were you driving near clear creek on Saturday morning? I though I saw you were pulled over! Hopefully everything was okay!

carrie

Kim said...

I'll invite you next time we have a date ride! You don't need a date to ride though :)

And no, we weren't riding near clear creek on Saturday morning so no tickets for us!