Sunday, December 7, 2008

My new bike!



Dan's a really really good listener and can usually read my mind or know what direction I'm thinking of moving towards....especially when it comes to my riding.

Lately I've been complaining about the 6.6 and how it really hasn't been the bike I thought it would be. I thought I wanted a longer travel, more plush bike to ride but what I really gave up was my speed and climbing ability. In the beginning, I was okay with it but slowly over the course of the year it really started bothering me. I couldn't climb stuff I used to climb and I lost my motivation to ride....I think that was one of the main reasons I wanted to get a dirt bike. I was looking for another passion, and I love it but I missed the bliss and joy and exhilaration I used to get riding.

I found new hope when I got a hold of one of Jason's demo bikes, the Safire. I love the bike and I was totally amazed at how great it climbed and how great the brain rear shock works....absolutely brought excitement back into my riding! I was smiling once again!

In the meantime, Dan built up one of my all time favorite bikes that I WILL NEVER give up. My Litespeed Ocoee that used to be my singlespeed but now has gears on it. I rode it today and found the bliss and excitement and pure exhilaration that I have been searching for! I was able to climb and ride fast and I completely and utterly enjoyed pedaling it and it awakened all the reasons why I started riding a bike!

I couldn't stop talking about it! I told him that I wanted to try a hardtail 29er and have the best of both worlds...I think this is what I NEED to ride to awaken my passion for riding again!

Later in the evening, he showed me a picture of a Salsa 29er that a friend of his has and is interested in getting rid of and said I could ride it whenever. I loved the way it looked...it was sexy! I went to take a shower and when I got done, I walked into the kitchen and there was the bike that he just showed me a picture of....I was floored! He said he got a killer....super killer deal on it a few months ago and slowly built it up with parts off the 29er he used to have and was just hoping and praying that I would want to one day ride it....or he would sell it, no big deal either way.

I couldn't be happier and I'm DYING to hammer on this thing!


Carbon rear triangle is going to make the rear ride nice and plush!


The big wheels are going to handle the rocks like nothing I've ever ridden before! I'm giddy!

-Kim

6 comments:

Unknown said...

awww....that dan is so sweet! you should be extra nice to him. ;)

Unknown said...

oh and now you can't give me any more crap or tell me to suck it up when I complain how heavy my FS is! ;P

JenyJo said...

HAPPY DANCE! HAPPY DANCE!
jj

Kim said...

Cynthia...I've been denying my passion and roots in mountain biking by trying to be all agro :) I will never ever make fun of you for being a weight weenie again :) I completely and fully understand now! There's nothing wrong with wanting to hammer and climb and go fast and then bomb down the rocks...maybe a little slower on a hardtail but it doesn't mean I can't do it!

Jeny...I need to do the "don't snow in town" dance so the trails will be clear this weekend!

Carey said...

Sweet..kudos to Dan and kudos to you for understanding where you're at right now..

Tracy said...

nice! such a purty bike! you're gonna kill it (even more than you already do)!