Monday, April 27, 2009

I kicked my own butt


We had another amazing week last week followed by yet another crappy weekend. We had 70 degree days all week long, I got to ride my fixie at lunch everyday and then Saturday hits and the weather turns rainy, crappy and cold. Totally sucks, I should have went to Fruita with Cynthia but opted to stay home instead and avoid the crowds of the FFTF. Bad decision on my part.

Saturday, I decided to go on a run in the misting rain. My iPod was picking up some great old songs that I haven't heard in a loooong time and it put me in such a good mood, 2 hrs later I was finishing up my run, which for me is a long time! Nothing too hilly or taxing, just a nice long run in the crappy Seattle like weather. I got home and after warming up and doing some chores, I was DEAD tired for some reason and decided to screw everything that needed to be done around the house. All I wanted to do was lie in bed with a book and eventually take a nap...4 hrs later I woke up! So not like me! I had plans to go out with a few girlfriends, but getting up and getting ready and putting on clothes other than my comfy yoga stuff was just not going to happen. I settled down to a nice relaxing evening at home.

Sunday came and the weather was nicer out but the temps were still a little chilly. I had planned on getting some errands done and then go for a quickie ride. Unfortunately, my errands took a little longer and I got home a little late for a ride so I decided to go for another long run. This time I detoured from what I had planned on running and ran up the super steep part of Mt. Sanitas. Man, that was HARD! I always forget how steep and how tall the ledges are, too tall for someone with short legs to really run up. I had to stop about 4 times just to stretch my calves out because they were cramping from the constant uphill rocks and ledges. I made it a loop by taking the East Ridge??? trail back down to the Sanitas Valley trail and then over to the Dakota Ridge trail where I thought my legs were going to give out on the ledges going down. YIKES! I packed a super hard run in about 45 minutes...and I'm still super sore today.

Here's some pics of a few of the tough, steep ledgey sections I found online of Mt Sanitas. OUCH!!!




Then Dan and I were off to a BBQ at Tracy & Jason's house with a bunch of other people. Which was a really really nice way to end a weekend...wish it was a weekend full of riding but eventually the weather will cooperate and let us have or trails back!

Unfortunately, Dan had to once again work the entire weekend. Which is quite frankly getting a little annoying and tiresome. I don't mind him working a weekend here and there or one weekend day but both days for 3 or 4 weeks in a row is just not acceptable. And he's got to do it again this weekend...this weekend I can understand because he gets to go to Fruita Tues/Fri with some people from work, which by the way I'm totally jealous about :( But dammit, he needs a weekend off here and there to ride with me!!!

-Kim

1 comment:

Carey said...

Way to run hard this weekend, two hours of running is long IMO and running up Mt Sanitas is wicked hard no matter what.
I hope you get Dan back on the weekends soon, that would be hard for me as well if it was Craig.