Sunday, April 5, 2009

House exploring and snowshoeing



Luckily we didn't get all the snow that was called for, we did however get a couple inches...preceded by lots of rain on Friday night which made the trails a mess on Saturday :( The rain was delightful!!! I haven't heard rain in so long and I thought how I missed it....Dan quickly pointed out how much rain we used to get in Michigan to snap me out of my wave of nostalgia.

Sunday, we drove past a super cute house about 20 min up 4 mile canyon that sat right on a stream. The deck of the house was right off the stream which would make for some fantastically awesome summer nights. The house itself was cute with 2 wood burning stoves, one in the living room and one in the master, hardwood floors and vaulted ceilings....all seen by us peering in through the windows. Unfortunately, we've got until the end of August on our lease so starting the house search is a little premature....regardless, I'd love to live there....don't know if Dan could.....

After that we headed up to Ned for our first snowshoe session of the year.


Made our own singletrack


And made the dog happy


I think we'd be happy up high....


One thing is for sure, I'm happier when I'm on my bike! Enough with the snow already!!! Bring on the dry weather so I can pedal my bike on some dirt!!!

-Kim

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dave said the same thing on Friday night "i miss the rain".

i'm ready for some dirt too!