Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bah Humbug!


I haven't been on my bike since we got back from Fruita 2 weeks ago :( Spring snows have been hitting us and hitting us hard! We got about 18" of snow last Thursday, we just about got to the point where it was all melted and it snowed again last night, but melted away today with the warm temps but now we're supposed to get another storm on Saturday. Luckily and unfortunately, we were pretty spoiled over the winter with mild temps and practically no snow and we were able to ride pretty much whenever, but that's why dealing with the spring weather is a major bummer right now.

It's pretty much put me in the mood to not ride my bike. I've been spending a lot of time in my running shoes....which in turn has made me kinda not want to run anymore. I'm planning on doing a couple long hikes this weekend, Saturday being pretty much a bust since it's supposed to snow ALL DAY LONG :( But maybe I'll be able to bust out the snowshoes and do some snowshoeing.

In the meantime, I'm praying for warmer temps and dry trails.

Next year we'll be prepared with the winter because we're getting ski passes! Hopefully that will make the winter easier to deal with and we'll be more than happy when we get snow...especially spring snow!

-Kim

1 comment:

Carey said...

I feel exactly the same way...though I'm gonna try and ride today before the next big mess arrives tonight.