Friday, July 24, 2009

A little embarrassing to admit

I've started wearing spandex shorts while riding my roadie bike. I've been having issues with the liners in my baggies and was just sick and tired of hurting so I pulled out the old spandex shorts. At first is was a really really weird feeling...I couldn't tell I was wearing anything and had to keep looking down to see if I was actually wearing anything :)

It's been about a week now and I'm feel really comfortable in them! My private parts are thanking me as well.

I think the discomfort stems from the fact that I've lost some weight and the baggies that I currently have are too big for me and the liners just get all bunched up and are causing more grief than anything else. I'm hoping to get a couple different pairs of baggies...maybe some Jett or Fox but until then...please don't hold it against me if I show up riding my XC bike in spandex shorts :) I promise I won't turn into a weenie and I most certainly promise not to start wearing some stupid "I race for this team" kit!!!

On to more positive notes! Our inspection's are happening on Monday. We're getting the house inspected, the well, the septic and the propane tank inspected...that should be close to or more than $1000 in inspection costs, but totally worth it!

Our stupid college kid neighbors are planning on having a HUGE bonfire next Thursday to celebrate their moving out. Joy!! I wonder if they know they're not allowed to have open fires in the City of Boulder. Guess they're going to find out, aren't they :) MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

3 comments:

Carey said...

Don't worry, I'll still ride with ya, gotta get ya some new shorts though, those Jett shorts are pretty nice. Too bad chainlove doesn't have more women's shorts on the site. I have a coupon for Loeka, 25% off any of their clothes, want to use it?
You guys could stay at our place next Thursday night if you'd like..we won't be there, we'll be in CB, but Randy will be there house sitting..just a thought if you can't stand the noise..those days are numbered, yea!

JenyJo said...

well then... now we know what you think of other people who show up to ride mountain bikes in tight/spandex shorts ;-)

LMAO!

good luck w/ the inspections! and the bonfire!

jj

Kim said...

Jeny you look hawt in spandex and can pull it off...me not so much.

I'm kinda excited about bursting their bonfire bubble if it happens...maybe they'll get a nice fine as well. As soon as I need to go to sleep, the cops will be called and they will shut up.

Just reaffirms our moving to the mountains!